I Never Lie by Jody Sabral
Is she the next victim? Or is she the culprit…?
Alex South is a high-functioning alcoholic who is teetering on the brink of oblivion. Her career as a television journalist is hanging by a thread since a drunken on-air rant. When a series of murders occur within a couple of miles of her East London home she is given another chance to prove her skill and report the unfolding events. She thinks she can control the drinking, but soon she finds gaping holes in her memory, and wakes to find she’s done things she can’t recall. As the story she’s covering starts to creep into her own life, is Alex a danger only to herself – or to others?
This gripping psychological thriller is perfect for fans of Fiona Barton, B A Paris and Clare Mackintosh.
Jody writes: I won the CWA Debut Dagger in 2014 and four years later I NEVER LIE my debut psychological thriller is now available to pre-order on Amazon and Kobo amongst other online retailers. The book clinched me an agent and a publisher, helped along by the recognition awarded to me by the CWA. It wasn’t an easy journey to get here though. After I won the dagger I was approached by many brilliant agents, and rejected by all of them. But I kept at it…
Read more about Jody’s Debut Dagger win and how it helped her to publication here.
And read Jody’s CRA Find An Author profile here.
Praise for I Never Lie:
- ‘Like Girl on a Train but better’ – Reader review
- ‘A real page-turnerwith a flawed modern woman at the heart of it. Jody Sabral knows the business of news gathering and of constructing a great crime novel.’ – P.D. Viner, author of The Last Winter of Dani Lancing
- ‘This is one of the most original plots I have ever read’– Nigel Adams Bookworm
- ‘Sabral writes extremely welland knows exactly how to develop her characters so that they are realistic and believable’ – Reader review
- ‘Gives you a very bad case of just one more chapter syndrome.’ –Nicki’s Life of Crime