The CWA, who own and manage the CRA https://thecra.co.uk and administer the data collected from the site, is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of users visiting our site and/or communicating electronically with us.
We do occasionally update this Policy, latterly for the implementation of GDPR in May 2018, so please do return and review this Policy from time to time.
Use of Your Information
The CWA only uses personal data supplied from the CRA website https://thecra.co.uk or the Debuts page on https://thecwa.co.uk to communicate with its participants on CRA or CWA matters, and does not sell or share personal data with any third party for marketing use.
The information the CWA collects is used for communicating with you, developing our website and passing on relevant news from the CRA, CWA and the publishing industry.
If we hold information on you, you have the right to request:
- A description of the information
- An explanation of why we are holding it
- Inform you who it could be disclosed to
- Provide you with a copy of the information in an intelligible form
- To have it deleted and no further contact made with you
In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information that we feel may be of interest to you (for example, to notify you about a forthcoming event).
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
If you do not want us to use your data then you have the option to object to such use.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers.
CRA or CWA Debut subscriber data is held on secure servers for the purpose of conducting CRA and CWA business only. The CWA engages an agency (CJ Association Management Ltd) to provide its administrative support.
Disclosing Your Information
We may only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we outsource any or all of our activities to independent contractor(s), such as CJ Association Management Ltd;
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information, for example in response to a mandatory request from law enforcement authorities;
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Information Collected from Website Visitors
In running and operating the CRA website, the CWA may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet Options section in your computer control panel.
This data and information is detailed below:
- Information that users provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information. This is considered a conscious opt-in to receive communications from the CRA or CWA on matters relating to the organisation, its news and events.
Managing your Cookies
The links below will take you to the web browser’s help page where you can manage your cookies:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Safari iOS
- Windows Phone
To manage your Google Analytics cookies, you can visit the Google Analytics help page.
Third Party Links
There are links to third-party websites on the CRA and all CWA websites. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to Information
All individuals have the right to access personal information that is held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you wish to make such a request.