Case Files 26
Case Files issue 26 – out soon!
Case Files is an ezine that profiles new or forthcoming novels from members of the Crime Writers’ Association.
Subscribing is free – and it let’s you discover which contributors in the forthcoming issue are behind these weird facts and odd confessions!
- Which CWA member has played darts against two former world champions? (He did not emerge victorious…)
- Which CWA member just discovered that famous American gunsmith, R G Owen, was her great uncle?
- Which CWA member regularly receives plot suggestions from her mother-in-law? (And is taken aback at how blood-thirsty the woman is!)
- Which CWA member almost lost her writing fingers when she pulled out a stray scalpel in a doctor’s coat, while working in a psychiatric hospital’s laundry?
- Which CWA member’s husband was best man at her first wedding, back in 1978?
- Which CWA member held the school record for being given most detentions in a single term?
- Which CWA member does a lot of writing on the cricket field? (He opens the batting, usually gets out early, then has hours to write.)
- Which CWA member, while flying in a two-seater glider above Essex, decided it was time to leave the UK altogether? (No offence to Essex…)
- Which CWA member is a linguist who has edited twelve dictionaries covering fifteen languages?
- Which CWA member practices transcendental meditation? (She still has no problem coming up with murder and mayhem every day; she’s just really calm while she’s doing it.)
- Which CWA member once warned an Edinburgh Fringe punter off attending a show because it was the ‘worst she’d ever seen.’ (He was, of course, the writer. She awaits the karma for this every day of her writing life.)
- Which CWA member once had the honour of shaking the hand of E.M. Forster?Which CWA member has typed every one of his novels (over twenty) using just one finger?
- Which CWA member was bucked off a 12.2 hands high North American pony – and survived to tell the tale?
- Which CWA member is such a fan of the Fighting Irish that he will watch any sport –however obscure – in which they are involved?
- Which CWA member recently bought a 1932 Imperial Good Companion typewriter? (He now realises how easy life as a modern writer is!)
- Which CWA member went parasailing for the first time when in her sixties? (And screamed the whole time…)
- Which CWA member once played the villain in a panto, complete with saggy red tights?
To get a free copy of Case Files delivered direct to your inbox, simply join the CRA today.
It’s easy, just enter your details below to receive the bimonthly Case Files, monthly newsletters and occasional snippets. We promise your details will not be shared with any third party.
Join the cra
Chris Simms, Editor, Case Files.