Case Files 37
Case Files issue 37 – out soon!
Case Files is an ezine that profiles new or forthcoming novels from members of the Crime Writers’ Association.
Subscribing is free – and it let’s you discover which contributors in the forthcoming issue are behind these weird facts and odd confessions!
- Which CWA member accepted an invitation to appear on ‘Eggheads’, a TV quiz show she’d never watched before? (Much to everyone’s surprise, her team won!)
- Which CWA member is related to comedian Ernie Wise? (Something she didn’t discover until recently and after she took up stand-up comedy.)
- Which CWA member can do an ear-splitting whistle? (An ex-boyfriend called it uncouth, but it comes in very useful for showing appreciation at gigs and calling the dog across a crowded park.)
- Which CWA member once nearly caused an international incident with the President of Chile over some kedgeree?
- Which CWA member does a lot of writing while on the cricket field? (He opens the batting, usually gets out early, then has hours to sit around fuming with shame – or writing.)
- Which CWA member has a Ph.D in English, wrote and produced episodic television, taught college literature and writing, has published poetry, articles and reviews and is a death-obsessed late bloomer?
- Which CWA member is the proud owner of a single signed by Charles Aznavour? (She hopes it will turn up before she moves house.)
- Which CWA member’s pleasant afternoon of snorkelling off Thailand came to an abrupt end when he realised he was being circled by four sharks?
- Which CWA member got an offer of representation from a literary agent on her daughter’s wedding day. Euphoria squared!
- Which CWA member likes to let her character’s pets sometimes take centre stage – from a rather profane parrot, to a belligerent cat?
- Which CWA member’s first job was as a Countryside Ranger? (Sadly, not the kind that carries a Colt 45 and wears cowboy a hat.)
- Which CWA member’s Great-Grandfather taught the young Charlie Chaplin to tap dance?
- Which CWA member’s son is an up and coming actor, who has made a film with Tom Hanks and is now the new crime-busting vicar in the TV series ‘Grantchester’?
To get a free copy of Case Files delivered direct to your inbox, simply join the CRA today.
It’s easy, just enter your details below to receive the bimonthly Case Files, monthly newsletters and occasional snippets. We promise your details will not be shared with any third party.
Chris Simms, Editor, Case Files.