Case Files 32
Case Files issue 31 – out soon!
Case Files is an ezine that profiles new or forthcoming novels from members of the Crime Writers’ Association.
Subscribing is free – and it let’s you discover which contributors in the forthcoming issue are behind these weird facts and odd confessions!
- Which CWA member was once marooned for several hours in 40-degree temperatures in a broken-down motorised canoe forty miles upriver from Timbuktu? (He was glad to have Jane Austen for company.)
- Which CWA member once used a baker as a protagonist, so had to spend many hours in a bakery, trying as many different kinds of cake as humanely possible? (All in the name of research.)
- Which CWA member lives on a converted Dutch barge in a historic, but wet, part of London? (But it has all mod-cons as she doesn’t believe in roughing it.)
- Which CWA member began her career writing erotic fiction?
- Which CWA member, while holidaying in America in 1995, was briefly suspected of being an accomplice in the Oklahoma Bombing? (Moral: don’t drive the same type of hire car as a terror suspect.)
- Which CWA member once had his very own laboratory at ICI? (It was the size of a large cupboard.)
- Which CWA member worked in a maximum security prison for 2 years, with children guilty of murder?
- Which CWA member was rushed to A&E aged nine, when she got a crochet hook stuck in her thumb?
- Which CWA member, once worked for a major high-street bank, ensuring that terrorists and banned individuals didn’t own a UK bank account?
Which Which CWA member went paragliding for the first time when she was sixty?
- Which CWA member wrote and published his first book (a Science Fiction epic) in French at the age of 16?
To get a free copy of Case Files delivered direct to your inbox, simply join the CRA today.
It’s easy, just enter your details below to receive the bimonthly Case Files, monthly newsletters and occasional snippets. We promise your details will not be shared with any third party.
Chris Simms, Editor, Case Files.