Spread the Word, London’s literature and writer development agency, are thrilled that Claire McGowan will be running an intensive weekend course on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 March at Ideas Store, Whitechapel, London E1 1BU.
The weekend masterclass will teach participants the key skills needed to break into the crime fiction market.
This workshop will teach you the key skills you need, including:
- Choosing a marketable idea that fits the genre
- Developing a compelling lead character (perhaps with the potential to carry a series)
- Structuring a strong plot full of twists and turns
- Creating gripping and suspenseful prose that will hook your reader from the start
- How to find motivation and finish your novel
- How to get published
The weekend masterclass will consist of a mixture of lecture and seminar work on key skills, insight into the crime fiction market, guided writing exercises to develop technique such as building suspense, characterisation, dialogue, and more.
Prices: £120 and £96 concessions
For further details and to book, visit: https://www.spreadtheword.org.uk/events/crime-intensive-weekend-masterclass-with-claire-mcgowan/